Thursday, October 23, 2014

Personal Narrative By: Chuy (Bad Season)

My first football practice, I am ready to see if I am good. I walk up the Fairbury junior-high stairs up to the practice field, and the whistle blew. “Ok guys lets get into two lines.” Next he teaches us the routes to run and to do sharp cut angles.
We did that and got to know everyone that was all on the team. The next day of practice the coach had put us in a position that might be good for us. We tried our position and we kept moving the ones that weren’t good at that position. The next practice we did just the same for a week. Finally we got our football pads, and started doing tackling drills.
Then, the next day we got schedules, and our first game is coming up in two weeks. One of the coaches that is my health teacher comes up and told me that I was about to fail his class. Then I just started working hard. Sadly the next week came and I was failing, so I wasn’t going to play in the first game.
Now after the first few games that I didn’t get to play in, because of my grades the team won the first three out of ten. The coaches were very, very mad. The next thing that the coaches had us do is to go and lift weights during the end of practice and we do that every other day. Every day I tried to get better at football and my schoolwork, but I just didn’t get it.
Now it was the end of the season and the last game I finally get to play, but I only got to play for two and a half quarter. Now next year I will get help on my homework then.

No comments:

Post a Comment