Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Daily Blog by Lilly 10/14/14

As any other I started my day by waking up late, arriving at school late, and looking lazy. As I hurriedly rushed to reading running late as always I ran in the classroom just as time to beat the bell. Today in 1st period we worked on our vocabulary to start the period off. Then, we were doing this thing called Literature Circles; it is a group of kids who read a book. The book my group got assigned was “Wonder”.  Each Tuesday and Thursday we meet with our groups and talk about the pages we read.
I walked into English class with a smile on my face. First, we had to download personal narratives that the 9th graders wrote last year. Then Mrs. Babl said we had to take a quiz about compound sentences. I was a little scared when I heard the word “quiz”, but it turned out to be really simple, phew. After our quiz, Mrs. Trestor said we had to read the document we downloaded about personal narratives and answer a few questions about them. That’s what we did in English class today.

I am really looking forward to playing in the Ewing volleyball tournament this weekend. My team got 1st last weekend at the West Holt tournament, and we have a really good chance of winning this tournament also. It is a little bitter sweet to think my 8th grade volleyball season is coming to an end. We have had a really good season and I can’t wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment