Sunday, September 21, 2014

9-19-14 Daily Blogger By Julia Emme

Today when I got to school, I only had a few minutes before the bell rang, like usual because my brother takes a really long time to get ready in the morning. Even longer than me... weird right? I pushed my way through a crowd of kids to get to my locker. I grabbed my books and put my gym bag away.
In English class today, Mrs. Troester said it would be kind of a “how to” day. We wrote poems that we called “I am From” the previous day. Today we used them to post on a website called Canvas. People from Lincoln are taking part in reading these poems, and they are going to give us feedback on our writing skills. Before posting them to Canvas, we wrote an introduction and author’s note. Our introduction was to tell a little bit about us so the reader can get to know the writer better. The author’s note was to tell them what we liked about our poem and questions about our poem. We asked questions such as “how could I improve this poem?” We ask questions like that because our goal is to become more experienced and improved writers.
Tomorrow we have a volleyball tournament at the Saint Mary’s High School. I am really excited because volleyball is my favorite sport. I’m also excited because its fun to spend time with my team. We have twelve girls going to play, and a few other girls from our team to come watch and support us. So far we have had a good season and I am looking forward to the rest of the season with my team!

No comments:

Post a Comment