Monday, November 17, 2014

Daily Blogger 11-17-14 By Claire M.

The cold wind burned my skin and made my hair stand up on end when I walked into school on this freezing Friday morning. I forcefully shoved my gym bag in my locker and headed to my first period class, reading. Reading is not one of my favorite classes, but today it wasn’t so bad. We took a vocabulary test then we finished reading a story that we had started on Thursday. I thought we were off the hook, but then Mrs. Morrow assigned us homework for the weekend. I then proceeded to my second period class, science. Science class was easy today. We simply talked about our plan for next week and then watched a very interesting video on evolution. After science I headed to English.
In English today we started with opening up our rough drafts on our computers. We then started to write our authors note using a rubric in our writing packets. After that we did face to face review with a partner. They gave us feedback and we changed any mistakes that were in our writing. My partner was Chandra and she had a really good piece of writing, so it was hard to give her feedback! Finally we posted our writing to Canvas.

The rest of the school day went by fast. When I got home I packed my things, got in the car, and headed out to my farm. Deer season opens this weekend and I am very excited. Although I have hunted before, I have never shot my own deer, and this year, hopefully, I’m going to. I am also excited because, in my family, deer season is like a holiday. My whole family comes and stays out at my farm. It’s really fun to spend time with my cousins and I am really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment